2016 Players of the Year and Redskins Salute Awards to be presented* *
LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation and Redskins Alumni Association will host the 56th Annual Redskins Welcome Home Luncheon at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner on Wednesday, Aug. 30 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
This event heralds the beginning of the 2017 Redskins season and is the only event where fans and corporate partners have the opportunity to spend time with the entire Washington Redskins organization including players, coaches, cheerleaders and alumni. Fans can welcome the team back from training camp, pay tribute to milestones achieved on and off the field, and raise money to support youth programs across the region.
This year’s event will feature NASCAR superstar, Dale Earnhardt Jr. as a special guest. He will take part in a Q&A with event emcee Lindsay Czarniak, ESPN and NBC 4 sports broadcaster, and will announce a new partnership between the Dale Jr. Foundation and the Redskins Charitable Foundation.
Three Redskins players will be honored at the event for their efforts on the field with the following 2016 season awards: The Sam Huff Defensive Player of the Year Award presented by WashingtonFirst Bank, the Bobby Mitchell Offensive Player of the Year Award presented by MGM, and the Mark Moseley Special Teams Player of the Year Award presented by Five Guys.
The Redskins Salute Award presented by The GCO Consulting Group honors one player for his involvement within the military community. The event will also feature an Impact Moment presented by STS International, showcasing the work of the Foundation throughout the community this past year.
Multiple Redskins Alumni will be at the event to help present awards including Gary Clark, Dexter Manley, Mark Moseley, and* Chris Samuels, along with Joe Jacoby, Bobby Mitchell, Brian Mitchell, Brig Owens, Rick “Doc” Walker and Doug Williams.*
- 11:00 a.m. – Media check in begins
- Media work room will be the Las Vegas room
- 11:15 a.m. – Silent auction, red rope autograph signing and VIP reception
- 11:30 a.m. – Media availability begins
- Select players will be available in a designated area for media availability
- All interviews must be coordinated by a member of the Redskins Public Relations department
- 11:50 a.m. – Media availability ends
- 12:15 p.m. – Program begins
- 12:20 p.m. – Redskins Alumni, Players and Coaches introduced
- 12:35 p.m. – Welcome remarks from Dan Snyder and Governor of Virginia, Terry McAuliffe
- 12:40 p.m. – Redskins Salute Award
- 12:45 p.m. – Lunch served
- 1:05 p.m. – Redskins Impact Moment
- 1:20 p.m. – Player of the Year Awards
- 1:45 p.m. – Q&A with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Lindsay Czarniak
- 2:00 p.m. – Program ends
Fans unable to attend can participate in this year’s silent auction online prior to the event and place their bids on a number of one-of-a-kind items including the opportunity to travel with the team to Dallas, autographed memorabilia, and much more. The silent auction can be found at http://hand.bid/WHL2017 and will close on Aug. 30 at 1:45 p.m.
The luncheon benefits youth programs of the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation and the Redskins Alumni Association. To learn more about the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation please visit redskins.com/community or follow us on Twitter @RedskinsCR and Instagram @redskinsgiveback.
Media interested in covering the event should contact Tish Carmona of Redskins Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-726-7077 to obtain a credential by Wednesday, Aug. 30.
*Timeline subject to change