With the team's practice prep for the Seahawks complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO.
*10. *“Right now I’m worried about getting myself mentally, physcially, emotionally, ready to play Sunday. Embrace every day, taking notes, getting myself ready. I’m a very positive person, I’m a very optimistic person and I’m excited to be here. I smile a lot, a couple teammates make fun of me for having a big smile, but that’s me. I’m going to keep smiling.”
* - Defensive lineman Arthur Jones, on joining the Redskins this week*
*9. *“He does a great job, like I said, scrambling, making plays outside the pocket and inside the pocket. So we’ve just got to make sure our game plan is tight-knit and then going into it we have success on Sunday.”
* - Defensive coordinator Greg Manusky, on how to defend quarterback Russell Wilson*
- **“Some guys can do that as they’re scrambling and looking downfield. It’s just an art form for some of these cats and Kirk is getting better and better at it.”
* - Head coach Jay Gruden, on quarterback Trent Williams keeping his eyes down the field*
7. "The last couple games didn’t go our way. We were in them to the end, we just have to make sure we go up there and win. This is a must win for us, because we’re already behind the eight ball a little bit. We’ve got to make sure we go in here and come out swinging. We’ve got nothing to lose."
* - Linebacker Zach Brown, on how much the team wants to get above .500*
6. "To think we’re going to start the season with the same roster and finish the season with the same roster you start with, is not realistic in this league… Injuries are always going to happen, so the next man has to be ready. We, as players, whether you’re starting or you’re behind the guy who’s starting, you’ve got to prepare like you’re a starter. We all have that mentality."
* - Safety DeAngelo Hall, on the injuries the team has faced*
5. "I don’t like it at all, I’ll start off with that. However, Kirk [Cousins] is a strong man. He’s a fighter. It just makes me want to fight even harder. It makes me want to get everybody’s heads up."
* - Guard Arie Kouandjio, on Cousins taking sacks * **
Check out these photos of the Redskins' offense preparing for their Week 9 game against the Seattle Seahawks Thursday, Nov, 2 2017, at the Inova Sports Performance Center at Redskins Park.
- "**If you’re a backup, you’re a starter in the NFL. If you’re on the active roster, if you’re a backup, you’re a starter as an offensive linemen, your number can be called at any time."
* - Right tackle Morgan Moses, on being ready to take a staring spot*
3. "You got to keep them from having a lane up the middle, you got to make sure you apply pressure in their face and keep them from stepping up in the pocket and throwing comfortable throws, so you got to make sure that you keep him contained and apply pressure. So, you got to kind of cage those guys in.”
* - Linebacker Preston Smith, on defending a mobile quarterback*
2. "It’s loud. It’s like Kansas City, Kansas City was loud. I know they’ve got the record right now, I think, and Seattle is right behind them. It’s going to be a loud stadium and just hopefully we get the opportunity to make plays."
* - Wide receiver Terrelle Pryor Sr., on the noise inside CenturyLink Field*
*1. *“This is going to test your character, see what type of player are you, see what type of teammate are you. Are you are going to let it seep in as doubt and say ‘woe with me’ and go in a shell? Or are you going to come out fighting?”
* - Defensive lineman Ziggy Hood, on how the injuries test the team*
*Top Top 10 Quotes is presented by GEICO, 15 minutes can save you more than 15% on car insurance.