With the team's practice prep for the Cowboys complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO.
10. “I’m trying my hardest. I’ve gotten three and a half hours of treatment in every morning and just trying to get back to where I feel like I can play and just go out there and play if I can.”
* - Guard Brandon Scherff, on his efforts to get healthy*
- **“It’s frustrating, but it’s pro football and it’s something we have to deal with. We just have got to do a good job of taking care of these guys and they’ve got to do a good job of taking care of their bodies when they’re not on the practice field or on game day, and for the most part they do. It’s just unfortunate. They happen in this league and we have to adjust.”
* - Head coach Jay Gruden, on dealing with multiple injuries on the team*
*8. *“Vernon, he’s a very talented player. Very explosive, so when both of us are on the field, one of us is going to have a matchup that can be taken advantage of and I think that’s where it comes into play.”
* - Tight end Jordan Reed, on the advantages of playing with tight end Vernon Davis*
*7. *"You never know when your number is going to be called. Football is a physical sport, anything can happen, so you always have to prepare. You have to train everyday like you’re a starter. Whether or not that’s the case, I’m ready and I’m willing to help this team win."
* - Guard Tyler Catalina, on potentially filling in on Sunday*
6. “I think every game is a must-win, especially now with the Eagles being up 6-1. Every game from here on out we’ve got to win it to put ourselves in a good position.”
* - Running back Chris Thompson, on how he views the Cowboys game*
*5. *“Guys are willing to go out there and fight for their team, and that’s just something that gets passed on to each and every guy. Obviously, when you have veterans going out there and playing hurt, it makes everyone expected to do what they have to for the team.”
* - Center Chase Roullier, on filling in for the offensive line and playing through injuries*
- "**I think the best mindset in this league – otherwise you’re going to overwhelm yourself and want to take a nap – is to just go 1-0 each week and really 1-0 each day. I feel like I can spin my wheels sometimes looking at all the challenges we have up ahead and there is such small room for error. But if we just focus on, ‘We have to beat the Cowboys on Sunday, let’s just look no further than that,’ and we can’t play the Cowboys until Sunday. So let’s just focus on having a great Thursday practice. I think if we can do that – take it one day at a time – I think that is our best mindset or our best approach to be successful by the end of the season."
* - Quarterback Trent Williams, on not looking ahead at the upcoming slate of games*
*3. *“If I can catch him, I will try to hit him as hard as I can because I never got to in practice. I always got in trouble when I would come close to him. He knows that, so I think it’s going to be interesting.”
* - Defensive lineman Terrell McClain, on tackling former teammate Dak Prescott*
*2. *“What’s missing? I mean, they’re just limited, it’s just practice. They’re out there to get mental reps, I’m pretty sure most of the guys will be ready to go for the game. So, I wouldn’t call it missing, I’m not even looking at it in that type of way. I just feel like they’re resting to get ready for the game.”
* - Running back Rob Kelley, on whether it’s been tough missing starting offensive linemen during practice*
*1. *“It’s go time. There’s no stopping, no chilling until February. That’s where the hopes and dreams are, the championship. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn’t expect this to happen, but you never know what God has planned for your life. You just have to go through it and see what happens. After that, who knows? Maybe I’ll raise up from this and go out there and defeat our foes, but right now who knows? Just trying to get through and get cleared.”
* - Cornerback Josh Norman, on returning to action after injury this Sunday*
*Top Top 10 Quotes is presented by GEICO, 15 minutes can save you more than 15% on car insurance.