With the team's practice prep for the Giants complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO.
10. “I feel good so far. I think everything’s up to speed. It’s a little bit similar offense to Philadelphia, so I’ve just had to learn different terms and adjust my blocking a little bit. As of right now, I feel good, feel confident and ready to go.”
* - Running back Byron Marshall, on his transition to the team*
- **“Obviously, it takes a toll on your body, and at the end of the day, that’s what we signed up for. The schedule makers, they do their jobs. I guess we’ve got to do ours. Three games in 12 days, we really can’t think about those other ones. We’ve just got to take care of this one right here and then so forth and so on. But man, the New York Giants, that’s what it’s all about right now, because it starts with them. If we can get these guys, a domino effect. Who knows?”
* - Cornerback Josh Norman, on playing three games in 12 days*
*8. *“It’s hard, but these guys have shown the ability to bounce back and continue to prepare and work hard. I don’t think it is going to matter – it doesn’t matter – what our record is or who we are playing. These guys are going to prepare the same way and get after it and give it all they’ve got. It’s the only thing they can do.”
* - Head coach Jay Gruden, on how the team has handled Sunday’s loss *
*7. *“In the NFL, nothing is given, so every week you’ve got to prepare well and got out there ready to battle. We’re coming off a loss, so we’re trying to get back on track. I’m sure their guys are feeling pretty good coming off a win against a talented Kansas City team. Like I said, it’s going to be a challenge, so we just have to go out there and play.”
* - Wide receiver Jamison Crowder, on the Giants beating the Chiefs last Sunday*
- **“[I was going to] chill with family, me and my girl, [now] that’s out the window, but rather this than that.”
* - Center Demetrius Rhaney, on what his Thanksgiving plans were before signing with the Redskins*
*5. *“They need to throw Thursday night games out. It’s definitely too hard on our bodies. Speaking for us, speaking for any other NFL team, it’s hard when you just get off the field on Sunday and you’ve got to prepare in two, three days and get ready for another physical game. That’s very physical, our bodies are definitely hurting right now. We’ve just got to do the best we can to try and get healthy and get ready to play on Thursday.”
* - Safety D.J. Swearinger, on how he feels about Thursday games*
*4. *“Once they gave notification that I was going to be active, I just sit back and think, I almost teared up a little bit, because I went through so much to get to this point and battled and for them to give me the opportunity to just go play, and do something I love doing…it’s a great feeling I can go out there and help my brothers.”
* - Linebacker Pete Robertson, on being activated to the 53-man roster *
- **“I think about myself, this will definitely be a big game for myself. Two years ago, I was on the couch on Thanksgiving. I’m here now, so it will be a big game for me. I’ve never played on Thanksgiving, but it’ll definitely be in the back of my mind, because two years ago I was on the couch."
* - Safety D.J. Swearinger, on playing on Thanksgiving *
*2. *"We understand it will be a great challenge. Every NFL game is. It’s a really good team, a really good defense. I’ve always respected coach [Steve] Spagnuolo, coach [Ben] McAdoo and the players they’ve acquired. We’ll have our hands full and it will be a great opportunity to play on Thanksgiving night on national TV at home in front of our home fan base. What more could you want?"
* - Quarterback Trent Williams, on his feeling about Thursday*
1. "Got to win, we’ve got to get a W. We’re on the ropes right now, we really are. We’ve just got to come out and start swinging and getting back into the center of the ring. Right now, we’ve got to go six games, but we have the guys in here to do it. We’re not overlooking one team or another. We’ve got to start with the New York Giants, and I think that’s this week."
* - Cornerback Josh Norman, on the state of the team *
*Top Top 10 Quotes is presented by GEICO, 15 minutes can save you more than 15% on car insurance.