With the team's practice week for the Jaguars complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO.
10. "When you have a new quarterback brand new, you're going to disrupt it a little bit, so have to try and figure out things that he can do to try and move the chains a little bit. Jacksonville has a very veteran style defense, very good defensive coordinator, great skill in the secondary with the players they have in Jalen [Ramsey] and obviously Tashaun Gipson is a great safety. It’s a very good defense. We have to figure out how to attack them and then make him as comfortable as possible [and] also try to install some things that might make him more effective that fit his skill set."
- Jay Gruden, on Josh Johnson playing against Jacksonville's defense
9. "It's a long season, it's a grind very day and you can't give up or quit. Things haven't been going our way but that's a part of life, you just have to keep rolling and things will get better."
- Mason Foster, on getting ready for a new week
8. "I see a formidable team, I see an NFL offense. I see a team that can threaten us. Moncrief, he's a really good receiver. The other guys over there, they do a good job too as well. They do well, on time, their rhythm, certain things they do. They've got a nice running back, he really can create problems, tight ends as well. Cody Kessler, he's done a good job back there coming in. If something happens, Blake Bortles will do a good job too so we've got to go down there with the intention of getting a W."
- Josh Norman, on Jacksonville's offense
7. “I’m gonna keep grindin’. You know I’m gonna keep grindin’, keep doing what we doing, trying to do on defense. Keep grindin’. I’m a pro so I’m going to handle this thing like a pro, man. I’m blessed to play football, I’m blessed to be a Washington Redskins. I’m going to address this thing like a pro-positive attitude. Get ready to beat Jacksonville if we can.”
- D.J. Swearinger, on bouncing back from a loss
6. "We have to get in the right frame of mind. We can't lose any confidence, but we have to understand we’ve got to work. We have to work harder than our opponent. We have to practice harder, we have to be up on our fundamentals, we have to be up on our assignments, we have to be focused in on every play. When you're playing against very talented players on the other side of the field, no matter who you play, they're going to have players that if you lack in focus for one snap, it's going to cost you."
- Jay Gruden, on getting in the right mental space
5. "Everybody in this locker room has played through a lot of injuries. Trent [Williams], I mean shoot he's had a surgery in the middle of the season so I'm not going to sit here and make any excuses, at the end of the day like I said I've got to do my job, whatever I need to do to adjust to be better, that's what I need to do."
- Morgan Moses, on playing through injuries
4. "Outside of what they allow him to do on defense, they've got a nice line and he has a nice formidable opponents that's with him, a nice cast, supporting cast I would say. Safeties, Bouye on the other side. They've been doing pretty good, that defense has been strong for sure so that's able to help that out a lot and that's been showing that."
- Josh Norman, on similarities to Jalen Ramsey
3. "A big cat that can really see the field, you know what I’m saying? A good downhill runner that can strike. He has that explosive speed to get around the edge. From last year to this year, he’s still a good running back. I know he was out for a little bit of time, but I’m just saying from our standpoint, I think he’s a good running back."
- Greg Manusky, on Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette
2. “Johnson came in, and I felt like he did a great job. That right there alone just created a different spark for us. It was obvious, when he came in we started moving the ball, we started scoring points. That right there is hope alone. I feel like we get this guy in there for four quarters, start off the way we started when he came in. Then we know we have a chance to be productive offensively. Defensively, they feed off of us as well. That right there alone gives me hope.”
- Adrian Peterson, on QB Josh Johnson
1. "And throw it to A.J. Bouye? He's pretty good too [Laughter]. So yeah, that’s what makes their defense very effective, they have two great corners. Like I said, Gipson can come out of the middle and cover a tight end very effectively and their linebackers and very fast and can handle the backs. When they do play man-to-man, they are pretty effective and they have an unbelievable pass rush, a really good pass rush. They play some zones. We have to attack their zones. We've have to protect the quarterback. But most importantly, we have to stay out of third and long and we've got to run the ball effectively somehow."
- Jay Gruden, on avoiding Jalen Ramsey