With the team's practice prep for the Colts complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO.
10. “I’m getting back in game mode. I’m definitely excited though, you know, it’s always a great feeling to be back out, you know, just kinda getting in everything. It’s kinda tough, you know, going out there especially with pads the first day, you know, but the coaches they do a great job of taking care of us. I feel good out there.”
- Brian Quick, on getting back in game shape
9. “I just saw one of the plays where one of the D-Lineman went after him and he was just right there, stood hardcore in the pocket. Lineman had him straight head-on, he bounced off the lineman. The lineman completely bounced off him. So I was like, ‘he’s a big fella.’ So it’s going to have to be a gang of just to take him down. So, knowing that, and knowing he reads his keys pretty well, we got a task on our hands with him.”
- Josh Norman, on preparing for Andrew Luck
8. “I know he had a little cot or something to sleep in and he would watch plays and be there probably past the time that we were there as coaches defensively. I know Andrew spends a lot of time on film, I was there. He knows exactly what’s coming from his standpoint, so that’s what I expect."
- Greg Manusky, on Andrew Luck
7. “It’s always good to see one of my guys eat. Regardless of who they are when you’re numbers called, the NFL it’s a game of opportunities, you know, once you get your opportunity, it’s time to ball. And he got his opportunity man. You just gotta stay consistent now.”
- D.J. Swearinger Sr., on cornerback Quinton Dunbar
6. “I think having an offense with a running quarterback that can pass and having those running backs that are catching the ball out of the backfield as well as making plays in between the tackles, you know, that keeps defenses honest. You have to play honest on defense which is going to add more people in the box and create more one-on-one’s on the outside which I’m looking forward to.”
- Paul Richardson Jr., on the diversity of the offense
5. “I think the great thing is we got a bunch of selfless guys out there. I think all they care about is winning. Obviously, they want to be involved and included but [they are] team first guys. I think that’s not always the case at that position around the league and I think it's kind of a credit to the mindset of those guys we have outside [at the wide receiver position]."
- Alex Smith, on working with the wide receivers
4. “I asked him man, are you guys still celebrating? He said, no, no, we kind of over that right now. I was like, I don’t know about that. Ya’ll still got a couple kegs over there. But no, they having a good time, I think just being able to bring back a championship of any kind in this, you know, city. It’s much beloved, it’s much needed and they are the kings, really. So now they gotta pass the baton to us, maybe we can make some magic as well.”
- Josh Norman, on meeting Alex Ovechkin this week
3. “We're not trying to recreate the atom here either on offense. We're doing basic runs and we're trying to get our people, get some movement, get our linemen up on the second level and let our running backs make some good, sound cuts. That's what pro football is all about."
- Jay Gruden, on calling the offense
2. “I ain’t gonna say every play is on time. When he’s on time he’s great, when he’s not on time he improvises and still able to do some great things. He’s just a hall of fame back, he’s, you know, one of the best to every touch a football. He’s going to allow you things like that when he just make plays.”
- Trent Williams, on how Adrian Peterson always seem to be in sync
1. “Oh man, it didn’t feel like after the preseason game, I’m going to tell you that. I woke up sore as heck. But Tuesday I felt really good and I was like, Ok now I’m feeling back to normal after getting some body work done, coming in doing squats, flesh the legs out, I could feel the recovery come on Tuesday.”
- *Adrian Peterson, on how he felt on Monday *