With the team's practice prep for the Buffalo Bills complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO:
1. Interim head coach Bill Callahan on the significance of running backs Adrian Peterson and Frank Gore playing head-to-head:
"Two future Hall of Famers, no doubt. [I have] a lot of respect for [Bills RB] Frank Gore and what he has done and accomplished throughout his career. I feel great about [RB Adrian Peterson] meeting that challenge. There's going to be a game within a game, let's face it. Those are two prideful, professional athletes that want to do really well and I know they've got a lot of respect for one another."
2. Safety Landon Collins on the success of defensive tackle Matt Ioannidis:
"He's always willing to work, he admits his wrongs and his faults and corrects them and learns from them. When you see that in a player, you're gonna get a lot of great things from him, you're gonna get a lot of building, you're gonna get a lot of consistency from him.
3. Right tackle Morgan Moses on how the offense can help quarterback Dwayne Haskins' development:
"We have to stay true to the process, everybody has been here in those situations and I look back on my rookie year and where I was and where I am today and it's our job to help younger guys like him understand the process and bring him along."
4. Defensive coordinator Greg Manusky on Bills quarterback Josh Allen and what makes him difficult to stop:
"He does a great job of keeping his eyes up field. He does a great job of scrambling in the pocket and just getting away from all those free rushers that are actually coming. So, its amazing the things he can do with his body—big bodied framed guy—it's pretty good and he can throw the ball down the field."
5. Wide receiver Terry McLaurin on improving offensive efficiency in the red zone:
"We are going to look at how we can be more efficient in the red zone and score touchdowns. We are not pointing fingers, we are just looking at ourselves in the mirror, seeing what we can do better, and seeing what is slowing us down so we can get over that hump."
6. Outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan on limiting Frank Gore's success in the running game:
"Seeing the way that Frank Gore is still able to do it, the guy when you watch him on film this week he doesn't look any different than when I first got in the league. You really gotta tip your cap to him, but he's gonna be a key for us this week to be able to negate that running game."
Take a look at photos from Redskins practice on Thursday October 31, 2019 before they take on the Buffalo Bills.
7. Interim head coach Bill Callahan on safety Landon Collins' contributions so far this season:
"I love the way he plays. I love the way he leads our team – the players get a lot of energy from him, he's a great communicator on the field and he's always in the right place at the right time. Every day he comes to work, he's focused, he works hard, he's diligent, he's smart, he's tough and he's physical. He has the things that we want to be as a team."
8. Quarterback Dwayne Haskins on areas where the offense can succeed against the Bills defense:
"They do a whole bunch of different stuff, so it's just a matter of executing. They play man, they play zone, they play pressure. A little bit of everything, and they're very talented, just trying to put together the best gameplan to attack their weaknesses and their zone coverages, and their man matchups."
9. Outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan on the team's mindset heading into the final eight games of the season:
"Just gotta keep improving each day, that's really the mindset, find a way to get better each day. At practice, in the film room, it's obviously not where we want to be at 1-7, but we got eight games left. Hopefully we can bounce back and finish the season on a positive note."
10. Linebacker Jon Bostic on what has allowed the linebackers to have recent success:
"They're playing well up front, and they're making our job easier at the second level and we just gotta keep coming together as a defense. We're seeing improvements week in and week out."