With the team's practice prep for the Cowboys complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO:
10. Wide Receiver Terry McLaurin on scoring his first NFL touchdown:
“That’s what I trained for. I feel like that’s one of the big reasons why the Redskins brought me here to make big plays.”
9. Left tackle Donald Penn on the progression of the offensive line each day:
“It’s not gonna get easier for us, so we still have to keep putting in our work and working hard. We did that today and we’re gonna keep doing that.”
8. Running back Adrian Peterson on the support of the locker room:
“It’s a brotherhood in here. ...It’s all love. That’s what you expect from your brothers.”
7. Offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell on quarterback Case Keenum:
He’s tremendous in and out of the huddle, he’s tremendous tempo on game day, getting to line of scrimmage, trying to use his cadence to get the defense to uncover any of their disguises they have. That all leads to him playing aggressive with his feet and really discipline with his eyes and he’s got plenty of arm talent to make all the throws. That’s normally a pretty good formula.”
6. Keenum on the excitement of the home opener:
“I think traditionally, historically, this has got the makings or has got a strong argument to be one of the best rivalries in all of sports. I'm excited to be a part of that. It's pretty cool. I'm excited to go out there and sling it around a little bit."
5. Middle linebacker Jon Bostic on the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry:
"It's a rivalry you grow up watching, so everyone always wants to play in this game. But for us, we got to go out and play football. We got to lock in. We got to play 60 minutes."
Take a look back on photos from past matchups against the Dallas Cowboys.
4. Corner Josh Norman on the challenge of facing off against the Cowboys offense:
"[Michael Gallup] is a pretty good receiver. All of them, they all pose different threats, so if you want to look at it come Sunday we've got our work cut out for us. But I feel like it’s nothing that we can’t overcome.”
3. Defensive coordinator Greg Manusky on the importance of communication:
“Across the board, I think we just got to keep on working and communicating on the back end, front line and across the board. The communication is vital, and we've got to keep on doing that."
2. Recent signee Treyvon Hester on the biggest things the defensive line can do well:
“A lot of upside, definitely a lot of upside. Very athletic young guys who love to play the game of football. They love to fly around, have fun.”
1. Norman on if there's any additional pressure playing facing the Cowboys:
"It’s no pressure; we’ll apply that pressure, though, this Sunday. That will be the case for us. You won’t see us running from anything or hiding from anything in the shadows.”