Many NFL draft prospects grow up playing the popular video game series Madden, and many of them dream about playing as themselves one day. For the 2019 NFL Draft Class, that aspiration will become a reality when Madden NFL 20 comes out in early August.
In anticipation of the release, EA Sports debuted its rookie ratings for the game Monday. Here's a look at how they evaluated each of the Redskins' draft picks:
- First-round pick Montez Sweat has the highest overall rating (73) among the Redskins' 2019 draft picks. Of all linebackers, the 6-foot-6, 260-pound Sweat ranks third overall, second in speed (91) and No. 1 in acceleration (93).
- The Redskins' top pick, Dwayne Haskins, has the second-highest overall rating (72) among quarterbacks, trailing only No. 1 overall selection Kyler Murray. Haskins' overall mark is boosted by his awareness rating of 75, which is tops among quarterbacks and tied for sixth among all rookie draft picks.
- Terry McLaurin, taken in the third round, is rated the fastest among Redskins' draft picks. His speed rating (93) is tied for eighth among all wide receivers.
- With an overall rating of 71, fourth-round selection Bryce Love rates as the third-highest Redskins' rookie and is tied for fifth among all running backs. Helping Love's cause is his 92 speed, his 91 acceleration and his 89 agility.
- Fourth-round guard Wes Martin, who has an overall rating of 63, ranks as the strongest player in the 2019 draft class along with New York Giants defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence II. Martin completed 38 bench press reps of 225 pounds at the NFL combine and 42 reps at Indiana's Pro Day.
- Fifth-round selection Cole Holcomb, whose overall rating is a 65, has the highest agility rating (89) among all linebackers.
- Fellow fifth-rounder Ross Pierschbacher (overall rating of 62) has the second-highest strength rating (80) and the third-best awareness rating (70) among Redskins 2019 draft picks.
- Sixth-round wide receiver Kelvin Harmon rates as a 67 overall in large part because of his speed (87) and acceleration (89).
- Combining speed, acceleration and agility, seventh-round cornerback Jimmy Moreland (overall rating of 64) comes in just behind Love for the No. 1 spot among Redskins' rookies.
- Jordan Brailford, the second-to-last pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, ranks tied for sixth in acceleration (88) and tied for seventh in speed (84) among all outside linebackers. Brailford has an overall rating of 62.
Below is a breakdown of how every Redskins' 2019 draft pick rates across the board: