REGULAR SEASON WEEK 13 WASHINGTON REDSKINS (6-5) VS. PHILADELPHIA (5-6)
Monday, Dec. 3 | 8:15 p.m. ET
Lincoln Financial Field (69,596) | Philadelphia, Pa.
The Washington Redskins will play on a national stage for a consecutive week when they travel to face the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles in Week 13. Kickoff at Lincoln Financial Field is scheduled for 8:15 p.m. ET.
It will be the fi rst time the Redskins will face a team that enters the regular season following a Super Bowl win since 2014 when Washington traveled to New England. The contest serves as a key matchup in the NFC East race as the Redskins hold a one game lead over the Eagles and are tied for first in the division with the Dallas Cowboys.
Defensively, linebackers Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith have helped push the pass rush during the last three weeks combining for six sacks during that time frame.
Since 2015, Kerrigan and Smith have recorded a combine 11 sacks against the Eagles and both are tied for fi rst with 5.5 sacks apiece against Philadelphia among active players.
Kerrigan enters the game with a team high 8.0 sacks on the season and 79.5 career sacks. Kerrigan sits three sacks shy of passing Charles Mann to rank second all-time in career sacks in Redskins history since sacks became an offi cial statistic in 1982.
SERIES HISTORY: Redskins lead Eagles in all-time series, 86-75-5
Last meeting: Oct. 23, 2017 (34-24 PHI)
Joe Tessitore (play-by-play)
Jason Witten (analyst)
Booger McFarland (field analyst)
Lisa Salters (sidelines)
RADIO: Redskins Radio Network
Larry Michael (play-by-play)
Chris Cooley (analysis)
Rick “Doc” Walker (sidelines)
The defending Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles enter the game with a 5-6 record, but off a victory of the New York Giants. Head Coach Doug Pederson leads the Eagles in his third season in the top job, with a combined regular season record of 25-18. Pederson is also 3-0 in the postseason.
Quarterback Carson Wentz returns to the starting role after missing the last six games of 2018 (including the postseason) and first two games of this year because of a torn ACL in his left knee. Wentz has completed 230-of-330 passes for 2,540 yards, 16 touchdowns and six interceptions in nine game this season.
After the injury to starting running back Jay Ajayi after four games, the running game has been divided between a number of players. Undrafted rookie Josh Adams has impressed, leading the team with 56 attempts for 291 yards and two touchdowns in nine games. Wendell Smallwood has a team high 63 carries for 257 yards and a touchdown, while Corey Clement rounds out the group, with 62 carries for 236 yards and two touchdowns.
Tight End Zach Ertz continues to be the most consistent receiver on the Eagles roster, leading the team with 84 receptions, 895 yards and six touchdowns. Veteran Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor provide Wentz with strong options, with Jeffery recording 40 receptions for 461 yards and four touchdowns, while Agholor has notched 47 receptions for 467 yards and a touchdown.
On defense, the Eagles boast an impressive front seven, with defensive ends Michael Bennett and Chris Long wreaking havoc in the backfield. Bennett has 6.5 sacks for 53.5 yards, as well as a team high 21 QB hits, and eight tackles for loss. Long has tallied 4.5 sacks for 29.5 yards, plus 13 QBH's and 2 TFL's.
Linebackers Jordan Hicks and Nigel Bradham have led the way in tackles, with Hicks boasting a combined 85 tackles (58 solo) and three sacks. Bradham has 63 tackles (45 solo), plus two sacks.
In the secondary, Malcolm Jenkins continues to set the tone for the team, tallying 62 tackles (50 solo), one interception, seven passes defensed and three forced fumbles. In addition, Ronald Darby leads the team with 12 passes defensed, to go along with 43 tackles (39 solo) and one interception.
Kicker Jake Elliott is in the midst of his second NFL season and is a perfect 21-for-21 on extra points this year. Elliott has hit a season long 56 yard field goal and is 17-for-21 on field goals overall.
A look back at some of the top images in games between the Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles.
Monday’s game between the Redskins and the Eagles will mark the 167th overall meeting between the division rivals. This is the 166th regular season meeting between the two franchises, not including two meetings in 1943 when the Eagles merged with the Steelers to form the Phil-Pitt Steagles.
The Redskins lead the all-time regular season series 85-75-5. With exception of the 1943 season, the two teams have played a home-and-home series every year since 1936. Including a playoff win in 1990, the Redskins’ 86 combined victories against the Eagles are their most against any opponent.
A win on Monday would give the Redskins their fi rst win against the Eagles on Monday Night Football since Sept. 17, 2007, a 20-12 Redskins victory at Lincoln Financial Field. Here's a look at their matchups in the 21st century.
Date Game Result
- 10/8/2000 at Philadelphia 17-14 W
- 11/26/2000 vs. Philadelphia 23-20 L
- 11/25/2001 at Philadelphia 13-3 W
- 12/16/2001 vs. Philadelphia 20-6 L
- 9/16/2002 vs. Philadelphia 37-7 L
- 12/15/2002 at Philadelphia 34-21 L
- 10/5/2003 at Philadelphia 27-25 L
- 12/27/2003 vs. Philadelphia 31-7 L
- 11/21/2004 at Philadelphia 28-6 L
- 12/12/2004 vs. Philadelphia 17-14 L
- 11/6/2005 vs. Philadelphia 17-10 W
- 1/1/2006 at Philadelphia 31-20 W
- 11/12/2006 at Philadelphia 27-3 L
- 12/10/2006 vs. Philadelphia 21-19 L
- 9/17/2007 at Philadelphia 20-12 W
- 11/11/2007 vs. Philadelphia 33-25 L
- 10/5/2008 at Philadelphia 23-17 W
- 12/21/2008 vs. Philadelphia 10-3 W
- 10/26/2009 vs. Philadelphia 27-17 L
- 11/29/2009 at Philadelphia 27-24 L
- 10/3/2010 at Philadelphia 17-12 W
- 11/15/2010 vs. Philadelphia 59-28 L
- 10/16/2011 vs. Philadelphia 20-13 L
- 1/1/2012 at Philadelphia 34-10 L
- 11/18/2012 vs. Philadelphia 31-6 W
- 12/23/2012 at Philadelphia 27-20 W
- 9/9/2013 vs. Philadelphia 33-27 L
- 11/17/2013 at Philadelphia 24-16 L
- 9/21/2014 at Philadelphia 37-34 L
- 12/20/2014 vs. Philadelphia 27-24 W
- 10/4/2015 vs. Philadelphia 23-20 W
- 12/26/2015 at Philadelphia 38-24 W
- 10/16/2016 vs. Philadelphia 27-20 W
- 12/11/2016 at Philadelphia 27-22 W
- 9/10/2017 vs. Philadelphia 30-17 L
- 10/23/17 at Philadelphia 34-24 L
NOTABLE REDSKINS/EAGLES CONNECTIONS
Former Eagles on Redskins:
- Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach Bill Callahan (1995-97)
- Offensive Coordinator Matt Cavanaugh (QB-Player, 1986-89)
- Assistant Special Teams Coach Bret Munsey (2013)
- T Austin Howard (2010)
- RB Byron Marshall (2016-17)
- QB Mark Sanchez (2014-15)
Former Redskins on Eagles:
- Defensive Quality Control/Assistant Defensive Line Phillip Daniels (DE-Player, 2004-10, 12)
- LS Rick Lovato (2016)
- QB Nate Sudfeld (2016
Redskins from Pennsylvania:
- Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky (Dallas, Pa.)
- Offensive Quality Control Coach Chris O’Hara (Swoyersville, Pa.)
- Defensive Line Coach Jim Tomsula (Homestead, Pa.)
- S Montae Nicholson (Gateway, Pa.)
Eagles from the Washington D.C. area:
- Offensive Coordinator Mike Groh (Charlottesville, Va.)
- Defensive Coordinator Jim Schwartz (Baltimore, Md.)
- Assistant Offensive Line/Tights Ends/Run Game Eugene Chung (Vienna, Va.)
- DE Chris Long (Charlottesville, Va.)
- LB LaRoy Reynolds (Norfolk, Va.)
- S Tre Sullivan (Accokeek, Md.)
- DE Josh Sweat (Chesapeake, Va.)
Redskins who went to college in Pennsylvania:
- Offensive Coordinator (Pitt)
- DL Matt Ioannadis (Temple)
- Eagles who went to college in the Washington D.C. area:
- Offensive Coordinator Mike Groh (Virginia)
- Defensive Coordinator Jim Schwartz (Georgetown)
- Assistant Offensive Line/Tights Ends/Run Game Eugene Chung (Virginia Tech)
- DE Chris Long (Virginia)
- LS Rick Lovato (Old Dominion)
- LB LaRoy Reynolds (Virginia)
Notable Pro Connections:
- Director of Player Development Malcolm Blacken (2001-09) worked with Eagles Defensive Coordinator Jim Schwartz (09-13) for the Detroit Lions. Passing Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach Kevin O’Connell played on the team in 2009. Blacken served as Strength and Conditioning Coach and Schwartz as Head Coach.
- Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach Bill Callahan (2012-14) and Tight Ends Coach Wes Phillips (07-13) worked with Eagles Defensive Quality Control/Assistant Linebackers Coach Ryan Paganetti (13) for the Dallas Cowboys. Callahan served as Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach, Phillips Tight Ends Coach and Paganetti as a Scouting Intern.
- Offensive Coordinator Matt Cavanaugh (2013-14) worked for the Chicago Bears when Eagles Offensive Coordinator Mike Groh (13-15) and WR Alshon Jeffery (12-16) were members of the team. Cavanaugh served as Quarterbacks Coach and Groh as Wide Receivers Coach.
- Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky (LB-Player, 1994-99) played with Eagles Assistant Offensive Line/Tights Ends/Run Game Coach Eugene Chung (T-Player, 98-99) on the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Manusky (2002-06) worked for the San Diego Chargers when Eagles Tight Ends Coach Justin Peelle (TE-Player, 02-05) and RB Darren Sproles (05-10) played there. Manusky served as Linebackers Coach.
- Manusky (2007-10), Defensive Line Coach Jim Tomsula (07-15) and TE Vernon Davis (06-15) were all members of the San Francisco 49ers when Eagles Special Teams Coordinator Dave Fipp (08-10) worked there. Manusky served as Defensive Coordinator, Tomsula as Defensive Line Coach and Fipp as Assistant Special Teams Coach.
- Tomsula and Davis were also members of the 49ers when Eagles Tight Ends Coach Justin Peelle played on the team in 2011.
- Wide Receivers Coach Ike Hilliard (2011) worked with Eagles Special Teams Coordinator Dave Fipp (11-12) for the Miami Dolphins. Hilliard served as Assistant Wide Receivers Coach and Fipp as Assistant Special Teams Coach.
- Hilliard (2013) worked for the Buffalo Bills when K Dustin Hopkins (13-14) and Eagles LB Nigel Bradham (12-15) played on the team. Hilliard served as Wide Receivers Coach.
- Running Backs Coach Randy Jordan (RB-Player, 1995-97) played with Eagles Assistant Offensive Line/Tights Ends/Run Game Coach Eugene Chung (T-Player, 95) on the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Defensive Quality Control Coach Cannon Matthews (2008-11) worked for the Bills when Eagles T Jason Peters (04-08) played there. Matthews served as Defensive/Special Teams Coaching Assistant.
- Matthews and Eagles Linebackers Coach Ken Flajole both worked for the Cleveland Browns in 2013. Matthews served as Defensive Coaching Intern and Flajole as Inside Linebackers Coach.
- Matthews (2014-15) worked for the Tennessee Titans when LB Zach Brown (12-15) and Eagles G Chance Warmack (13-16) played on the team. Matthews served as Defensive Quality Control Coach.
- Offensive Quality Control Coach Chris O’Hara (2014-16) worked for the Jacksonville Jaguars when C Luke Bowanko (14-16), Eagles LB LaRoy Reynolds (13-15) and G/C Stefen Wisniewski (15) played there. O’Hara served as an Offensive Coaching Associate.
- Vice President of Player Personnel Doug Williams (2004-10) worked for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when Eagles DE Michael Bennett (09-12) played there. Williams served as Director of Professional Personnel.
Check out these photos of the Redskins' preparing for their Week 13 game against the Philadelphia Eagles Monday, Nov. 26, 2018, at the Inova Sports Performance Center at Redskins Park.
Pro Player Connections:
- OL Tony Bergstrom (2012-15), T Austin Howard (14-16) and DL Stacy McGee (13-16) played with Eagles C/G Stefen Wisniewski (11-14) on the Oakland Raiders.
- RB Kapri Bibbs (2014-16) and TE Vernon Davis (15) played on the Denver Broncos when Eagles Defensive Backs Coach Cory Undlin (12-14) worked there. Undlin served as Defensive Backs Coach.
- LB Zach Brown (2016) played with Eagles S Corey Graham (14-16) on the Buffalo Bills.
- K Dustin Hopkins (2013-14) also played with Eagles Corey Graham on the Bills.
- S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (2014-18) played with Eagles LS Rick Lovato (15) and TE Richard Rodgers (14-17) on the Green Bay Packers.
- G Jonathan Cooper and WR Michael Floyd played with Eagles DE Chris Long on the New England Patriots in 2016.
- LB Mason Foster (2011-14) played with Eagles DE Michael Bennett (09-12) on the Buccaneers.
- QB Colt McCoy (2010-12) played on the Cleveland Browns when Eagles Safeties Coach Tim Hauck (12) worked there. Hauck served as Defensive Backs Coach.
- LB Pernell McPhee (2011-14) played with Eagles S Corey Graham (12-13), DT Tim Jernigan (14-16) and DT Haloti Ngata (06-14) on the Baltimore Ravens.
- McPhee (2015-17) played with Eagles CB De'Vante Bausby (15-16), S Deiondre' Hall (16-17), WR Alshon Jefferey (12-16), CB Cre'Von LeBlanc (16-17) and LB LaRoy Reynolds (15) on the Chicago Bears.
- QB Mark Sanchez (2017) also played with Eagles Deiondre' Hall and Cre'Von LeBlanc on the Bears.
- S D.J. Swearinger Sr. (2013-14) played with Eagles G Brandon Brooks (12-15) on the Houston Texans.
Notable Collegiate Connections:
- Director of Player Development Malcolm Blacken (RB-Player, 1984-88) played with Eagles Assistant Offensive Line/Tight Ends/Run Game Coach Eugene Chung (T-Player, 87-1991) at Virginia Tech.
- Blacken (1995) worked at Virginia when Eagles Offensive Coordinator Mike Groh (QB-Player, 91-95) played there. Blacken served as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Running Backs Coach Randy Jordan (2008-11) worked at Texas A&M when Eagles DE Michael Bennett (05-08) played there. Jordan served as Running Backs Coach.
- Jordan (2012-13) worked with Eagles Wide Receivers Coach Gunter Brewer (12-17) at North Carolina. G Jonathan Cooper played on the team from 2010-12. Jordan served as Running Backs Coach and Brewer as Co-Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers Coach.
- Inside Linebackers Coach Kirk Olivadotti (1998-99) worked with Eagles Defensive Line Coach Chris Wilson (97-99) at Indiana State. Olivadotti served as an Assistant Coach and Wilson as Defensive Line Coach.
- Olivadotti (2011-13) worked with Defensive Line Coach Chris Wilson (13) at Georgia. LB Josh Harvey-Clemons played on the team from 2012-13. Olivadotti served as Inside Linebackers Coach and Wilson as Defensive Line Coach.
- Assistant Offensive Line Coach Phil Rauscher (2004-09) worked with Eagles Safeties Coach Tim Hauck (08) at UCLA. Rauscher served as a Graduate Assistant and Hauck as Safeties Coach.
- C Luke Bowanko (2009-13) and T Morgan Moses (09-13) played with Eagles LB LaRoy Reynolds (09-12) at Virginia.
- S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (2011-13) played at Alabama when Eagles G Chance Warmack (09-12), Offensive Coordinator Mike Groh (11-12) and Offensive Line Coach/Run Game Coordinator Jeff Stoutland (11-12) were all members of the team. Groh served as Wide Receivers Coach/Recruiting Coordinator and Stoutland as Offensive Line Coach.
- WR Josh Doctson (2011-15) played with Eagles G/T Matt Pryor (14-17) and T Halapoulivaati Vaitai (12-15) at TCU.
- WR Michael Floyd (2008-11) played with Eagles WR Golden Tate (07-09) at Notre Dame.
- LB Mason Foster (07-10) played at Washington when Eagles Offensive Quality Control/Running Backs Coach Trent Mile (05-07) worked there. Mile served as Running Backs Coach.
- WR Maurice Harris (2012-15) played with Eagles TE Richard Rodgers (11-13) at California.
- K Dustin Hopkins (2009-12) and RB Chris Thompson (09-12) played with Eagles LB Nigel Bradham (08-11) and DT Tim Jernigan (11-13) at Florida State.
- RB Byron Marshall (2011-15) played at Oregon when Eagles Assistant Special Teams Coach Matthew Harper (09-12) and Offensive Quality Control/Assistant Offensive Line Coach T.J. Paganetti (07-12, 15-16) worked there. Harper served as a Coaching Intern (09-11)/Graduate Assistant (12) and Paganetti as Student Assistant Coach (09-12)/Graduate Assistant/Linebackers Coach (15-16).
- DL Stacy McGee (2009-12), P Tress Way (08-12) and T Trent Williams (06-09) played with Eagles T Lane Johnson (09-12) at Oklahoma. Eagles Defensive Line Coach Chris Wilson worked there from 2005-09 and served as Defensive Ends Coach (05-06)/Defensive Ends and Special Teams Coordinator (07-09).
- RB Adrian Peterson (2004-06) also played at Oklahoma when Eagles Chris Wilson worked there.
- LB Pernell McPhee (2007-10) played with Eagles DT Fletcher Cox (09-11) at Mississippi State. Eagles Defensive Line Coach Chris Wilson worked there from 2010-12 and served as Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Line Coach.
- LB Preston Smith (2011-14) also played at Mississippi State when Eagles DT Fletcher Cox and Chris Wilson were members of the team.
- WR Trey Quinn (2014-15) played with Eagles CB Jalen Mills (12-15) at LSU.
- S D.J. Swearinger Sr. (2009-12) played with Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery (09-11) at South Carolina.