- Originally signed with the New Orleans Saints as a college free agent on July 27, 2011.
- Released by the Saints on September 3, 2011.
- Signed to the Saints’ practice squad on September 4, 2011.
- Released by the Saints on September 5, 2011.
- Signed to the Kansas City Chiefs’ practice squad on September 7, 2011.
- Released by the Chiefs on September 14, 2011.
- Signed with the San Francisco 49ers on January 24, 2012.
- Released by the 49ers on August 31, 2012.
- Signed to the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad on September 25, 2012.
- Released by the Eagles on October 2, 2012.
- Signed with the San Diego Chargers on November 20, 2012.
- Waived by the Chargers on May 20, 2013.
- Claimed on waivers by the San Francisco 49ers on May 21, 2013.
- Waived by the 49ers on July 10, 2013.
- Claimed on waivers by the Seattle Seahawks on July 11, 2013.
- Released by the Seahawks on August 26, 2013.
- Signed with the Washington Redskins on October 15, 2013.
- Joined the Redskins prior to Week 7 of the 2013 season.
- Enters 2014 having previously snapped in 17 NFL games, six with San Diego and 11 with Washington.
- Signed with the Redskins on Oct. 15 after spending camp with the Seattle Seahawks.
- Made his Redskins debut versus Chicago (10/20).
- Spent the final six games of the season as the Chargers’ long snapper.
- Made NFL debut vs. Baltimore (11/25).
- Spent camp with the 49ers and spent a week on the Eagles’ practice squad in October.
- Signed with the Saints as a college free agent on July 27.
- Spent a week on the Chiefs’ practice squad in early September.
- Appeared in 50 games at tight end and long snapper at New Mexico State from 2007-10.
- Recorded 66 career receptions for 559 yards and two touchdowns.
- Played in 12 games as a senior in 2010 and caught a careerhigh 41 passes for 371 yards and a touchdown.
- As a junior in 2009, caught 12 passes for 112 yards and a touchdown.
- Caught two passes for 28 yards and his first career touchdown reception against UTEP.
- Was also the team’s long snapper on FGs as a junior.
- In 2008, held long snapping duties on every extra point, FG and punt for the Aggies in 12 games and also recorded 11 receptions for 70 yards.
- Nelson played in all 13 games in 2007 as the team’s back-up tight end and long snapper.
- Redshirted at Tulsa in 2006 before transferring to New Mexico State.
- Graduated from China Spring (Texas) H.S., where he started at TE and also handled the deep snapping and punting duties.
- Accumulated 50 receptions on the season and earned first-team all-district and first-team Super CenTex honors at tight end.
- Earned second-team all-district honors as a punter.
- Also lettered in basketball and track.
- His grandfather, Roger, played 13 years of professional football with the CFLs Edmonton Eskimos. His father, Mark, played seven CFL seasons.
- Born Kyle Nelson on Oct. 3, 1986 in Waco, Texas.
- Majored in communications.