- Selected by the Cleveland Browns in the sixth round (186th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft.
- Waived by the Browns on September 4, 2010.
- Acquired on waivers by the Miami Dolphins on September 5, 2010.
- Released by the Dolphins on September 13, 2010.
- Added to the Dolphins’ practice squad on September 15, 2010.
- Released from the Dolphins’ practice squad on September 18, 2010.
- Added to the Dolphins’ practice squad on September 21, 2010.
- Signed to the Dolphins’ active roster on October 23, 2010.
- Released by the Dolphins on November 26, 2010.
- Signed with the Seattle Seahawks on November 27, 2010.
- Waived by the Seahawks on December 7, 2010.
- Acquired on waivers by the Dallas Cowboys on December 8, 2010.
- Re-signed with the Cowboys as an exclusive rights free agent on April 20, 2012.
- Released by the Cowboys on August 31, 2012.
- Signed to the Indianapolis Colts’ practice squad on October 3, 2012.
- Signed to the Colts’ active roster on October 9, 2012.
- Traded to the Philadelphia Eagles on March 28, 2013.
- Signed with the Washington Redskins as an unrestricted free agent on March 13, 2014.
- Joins the Redskins in 2014 having previously appeared in 31 career games with one start.
- Played in a career-high 16 games with one start.
- Registered 13 tackles (nine solo).
- Made first start of his career vs. DET (12/8).
- Appeared in eight games for the Colts, recording five tackles and one sack.
- Notched his first career sack, taking down Texans quarterback Matt Schaub for a nine-yard loss in the first quarter vs. HOU (12/30).
- Played in five games for the Cowboys.
- Made two assisted tackles and added three quarterback pressures.
- Waived by the Browns prior to the regular season.
- Made NFL debut with the Dolphins vs. PIT (10/24) after being elevated to the 53-man roster the previous day.
- Spent time with the Seahawks before being claimed on waivers by the Cowboys on Dec. 8.
- Finished his collegiate career at South Carolina with 72 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, six sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery over three seasons with the Gamecocks from 2007-09.
- Recorded 41 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 8.5 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in 12 games as a junior in 2009.
- Credited with 29 tackles as a sophomore while playing in all 13 games with one start in 2008.
- Saw action in 11 games and made two tackles as a freshman in 2007.
- Attended Carvers Bay H.S. in Hemingway, S.C., where he was one of the top prospects in the country.
- Participated in the U.S. Army All-American game in January 2006.
- Enrolled at South Carolina in January 2007 after spending the fall at Hargrove Military Academy in Chatham, Va.
- Majored in African-American studies.
- Comes from a football family. Older brother, Robert, has played 10 years as a defensive end with the Bengals after being drafted in the fourth round by Cincinnati in 2004. His younger brother, Kwame, signed as a rookie free agent with the Chargers in 2013.
- His father, Robert, Sr., also a defensive lineman, was a third round pick of the Buffalo Bills in 1981. His uncle, James “Jumpy” Geathers, enjoyed a 13-year NFL career with the Saints (1984-89), Redskins (1990-92), Falcons (1993-95) and Broncos (1996), including helping Washington to victory in Super Bowl XXVI.
- Clifton and Robert have a foundation called “Geathers Elite Performance” that runs a football camp each year to benefit children in their hometown of Georgetown, S.C.
- Born on Dec. 11, 1987.