A morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Redskins on Wednesday, June 18, 2014.
All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Redskins.
-- To prepare the team for the training camp schedule, minicamp kicked off yesterday with some intense battles on both sides of the ball. Head coach Jay Gruden gave a day one update after practice.
-- With returning weapons bolstered by several wide receiver and offensive line additions, quarterback Robert Griffin III thinks the offense has the capability to provide multiple threats across the field.
-- Still getting used to playing in the NFL, linebacker Trent Murphy has been familiarizing himself with multiple positions and techniques.
-- With temperatures hovering around 90 degrees, one local media outlet discusses the impact of the heat on preparations.
-- ESPN's John Keim provides his observations from yesterday's minicamp session to include the growth of second-year cornerback David Amerson and the hands of wide receiver Ryan Grant.
-- One local reporter discusses the experience of the defensive line and how it will affect the defense this season.
-- Feeling great through offseason work, Griffin III said he's happy to have full mobility without a knee brace.
What's Trending In @Redskins Nation?
1) WATCH: #Redskins QBs & DBs battled the heat during yesterday's 1st minicamp practice. http://redsk.in/1nfng5B
2) READ: #Redskins opened up minicamp this morning with intense practice in the heat & humidity. http://redsk.in/1yfWmDm
3) WATCH: "It's a new year, it's a new season, we're ready to start our movement." - @RGIII http://redsk.in/1yfDYua
4) WATCH: #Redskins HC Jay Gruden spoke to media coming off the field after today's practice. http://redsk.in/1nc4sEm
5) PHOTOS: #Redskins minicamp began today. RT if you're ready to see this QB/WR combo in action. http://redsk.in/1naP76P