A morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Redskins on Monday, March 17, 2013.
All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Redskins.
--A look at five possibilities for the Redskins at center including one player who is already on the Redskins line.
--After adding Andre Roberts to the receiving corps, will the Redskins look to use him on special teams as a returner?
--Former Tampa Bay offensive tackle Donald Penn visited with the Redskins over the weekend, as the team looks to improve the protection of quarterback Robert Griffin III.
--After the selection of the NCAA basketball tournament on Sunday night, one writer looks at the ‘Final Four’ of free agency.
--One blogger looks at five reasons why Washington has not signed your favorite free agent including the obvious one; money.
--While the Redskins have carefully spent their cap money this offseason so far, the amount they have to spend is ‘dwindling.’ However, the team still has enough cap space to maneuver through the rest of free agency up until the NFL draft.
--The Redskins officially announce the signing of cornerback Tracy Porter. Porter started all 16 games with the Raiders last season and is most known for his ‘pick six’ on a pass from Peyton Manning in Super Bowl XLVI as a with the New Orleans Saints.
--After addressing many needs so far in free agency, the Redskins are still looking for the right fit at the safety position for the team.
Free agent safety Ryan Clark and the Redskins ‘have yet to reach an agreement’ even after the two met last week to discuss the possibility of reuniting.
--Defensive lineman Jason Hatcher talked about how excited he is to begin the next chapter of his career with the Redskins. Hatcher played eight seasons with the Cowboys and made the Pro Bowl last season after finishing with a career high 11 sacks.
--With the addition of defensive lineman Jason Hatcher, the Redskins have ‘bolstered’ a defensive unit that had many needs when free agency first opened.
--After nearly a week of free agency, one writer asks fans; which moves do you wish the Redskins had made?
--While looking to improve the offensive line, the Redskins have decided to release center Will Montgomery. Montgomery spent the past six seasons with the Redskins, starting the past three.
What's Trending In @Redskins Nation?
1) This Just In: CB @TracyPorter becomes the newest member of#Redskins Nation. Retweet to congratulate him! #HTTRhttp://t.co/QMeM3YW0kw
2) Goodbye Dallas, hello DC! #Redskins make it official with DE@Hatcher97. RT to welcome to #Redskins Nation! #HTTRhttp://t.co/5JQRMNPKTJ
3) DE @Hatcher97 on #Redskins: "I've got a great opportunity to win a Super Bowl...I'm gonna go out there and work my butt off for them." #HTTR
4) Happy St. Patrick's Day! Opposing WRs wore Green - blanket coverage style - every time with the great #28. #HTTRhttp://t.co/F35CNR3SW7
5) DE @Hatcher97 recruited by CB @DeAngeloHall23, QB @RGIIIduring FA process. "@RGIII said he was glad I wouldn't be chasing him anymore."