A morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Redskins on Friday, February 28, 2013.
All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Redskins.
--Defensive lineman Chris Baker has signed a three year deal to remain with the Washington Redskins. In 15 games last season, Baker recorded 16 tackles and one sack.
--With rumors swirling around backup quarterback Kirk Cousins as well as the uncertainty around free agent Rex Grossman, one writer looks at free agent quarterbacks that could possibly fill the backup role in Washington.
--When free agency rolls around on March 11, reports say that the Redskins will have over $30 million in free cap space to add more talent to the roster.
--Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has said that he wants to bring back soon-to-be free agent linebacker Perry Riley Jr., but can Riley Jr. and the Redskins agree on number that both parties are happy with?
--With a hole in the middle of the defense left by linebacker London Fletcher, one blogger wonders if former Brown D’Qwell Jackson would be a good fit to fill that void.
--After a solid 2013 season and eight great years with the Redskins, two writers examines whether safety Reed Doughty should come back as a Redskin next season.
--One writer catches up with former Redskins linebacker Andre Carter who played five years with the burgundy and gold while earning 34 of his 80.5 career sacks as a Redskin.
--According to reports, linebacker Brian Orakpo and the Redskins are ‘still talking’ but have not yet reached agreement.
--A look at three inside linebackers that could help the Washington Redskins during the 2014 season, including a sleeper, a big name, and ‘good value.’
--While at Baylor this week, quarterback Robert Griffin III took some time to play some basketball as well as do some rock climbing while on the campus.
What's Trending In @Redskins Nation?
1) The Washington #Redskins have announced the re-signing of DL Chris Baker. Welcome back @cbaker92redskin !
2) In 2013 #Redskins DL @cbaker92redskin collected the first three starts and the first sack of his career http://t.co/FPxJgEN4dn#Swaggytime
3) A look at the best of @cbaker92redskin and why #Swaggy was always destined to play with the #Redskins http://t.co/ecIvo7OHPj#HTTR
4) #Redskins HC Jay Gruden is a patient man http://t.co/0eZo5i0Auy
5) Charley Casserly explains the #NFLCombine to @ESPNRadio980 "I don't put a ton of weight on times and testing results"http://t.co/8jw1qFD4Gb