A morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Redskins on Wednesday, February 26, 2013.
All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Redskins.
--Redskins’ defensive end Adam Carriker, who has not played since Week 2 of the 2012 season, is optimistic about his chances of returning to the field in 2014.
--Examining Florida State wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, who could possibly fall to the Redskins at the 34th pick.
--According to reports, the salary cap could jump to nearly $135 million before the start of the new league year.
--Looking at the outside linebacker position for the Redskins, including who is on the current roster and possible players the Redskins could add in free agency.
--With help needed on the offensive line, one writer examines how the Redskins should address the right tackle position this offseason.
--Comparing soon to be free agent Brian Orakpo to other outside linebackers across the league, including how much money they make and their performances on the field.
--New head coach Jay Gruden is known to like tall receivers. One writer looks at five of the tallest wide outs at this year’s NFL combine. Currently, the tallest receivers on the Redskins roster stand at 6-2.
--With many holes to fill on the defensive side of the ball, should the Redskins bring back cornerback E.J. Biggers?
--One writer answers questions from fans including updates on injuries as well as what positions Jay Gruden will target in free agency.
--Former Redskin Lorenzo Alexander and current Redskins’ defensive end Kedric Golston each spoke on the relationship they built in Washington while playing together.
--How new head coach Jay Gruden is making the offensive line a priority as he begins to remold a 3-13 Washington team.
--Quarterback Robert Griffin III is optimistic about next season with Jay Gruden at the helm and says the team will come back as a ‘united front.’
--If convicted of DWI, tight end Fred Davis will have to serve mandatory jail time. Davis was arrested on February 20th and was suspended by the league for violating the substance abuse policy.
What's Trending In @Redskins Nation?
1) Today TE Logan Paulsen turns 27! RT to help us wish #82 a Happy Birthday! #HTTR http://t.co/NYkIZzLuHZ
2) NFL Media draft expert Mike Mayock sees the #Redskinsselecting a receiver http://t.co/CWvxF3CrtV #HTTRhttp://t.co/iKmliLsfa2
3) At the #NFLCombine Jadeveon Clowney outran every active NFL QB but @RGIII . Compare them stride for stridehttp://t.co/4wzJUCFFYL
4) #Redskins HC Jay Gruden on OLB @Rak98: "He’s a top priority for us. We’d love to get Brian back." http://t.co/QbYUciK858 #HTTR
5) Blog: @RGIII goes back to school @Baylor , talks about a 'fresh start' for the #Redskins and takes on THE ROCKhttp://t.co/0T4rbjPA2C