A morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Redskins on Friday, November 15, 2013.
--Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett explains the mindset of the team and why he loves the way Redskins players are practicing.
--Quarterback Robert Griffin III on dealing with criticism and how this year’s offense differs from last years. The 2013 offense has increased their overall yards per game (410.2) but their scoring has dipped from 27.3 points per game to 25.6 this year.
--Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall and defensive end Stephen Bowen took limited reps during Thursday’s practice. Head coach Mike Shanahan said, “neither guy should be any problem.”
--Wide receiver Joshua Morgan has only 11 catches this year in stark contrast to last season’s team leading 48 catches. Morgan answers questions about his role on the team and said, “I know I didn’t do anything to lose my job.”
--Eagles quarterback Nick Foles is thriving in Chip Kelly’s offense and has 16 touchdowns to zero interceptions. 16 touchdowns is the 2nd most touchdowns thrown before an interception in NFL history, second to Peyton Manning.
--Tight end Fred Davis started the season as the No.1 tight end but has not played since week 4 vs. Oakland. Davis has been placed on the inactive list for five straight games and after the Minnesota game Davis missed out on a reported $500,000 bonus.
--The 50th anniversary of John F. Kennedy’s assassination is next week and former Redskins Bobby Mitchell, Sonny Jurgensen and Carl Kammerer explain how they came to find out about JFK’s assassination.
--Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan explains his struggles during the month of “Movember.”
--Quarterback Robert Griffin III has fun with members of the local media in Ashburn. Griffin joins in on a debate on whether a local reporter could return an NFL kickoff.
--One reporter explains why the Redskins should extend head coach Mike Shanahan’s contract. Shanahan reportedly enters the last year of his contract next year.
--Why the Redskins should expect a much different Nick Foles since his last start vs. the Redskins. Foles has yet to throw an interception this year and has made big plays with his arm. Last week Foles threw three touchdown passes of more than 32 yards.
--Hall of Famer Darrell Green questions the leadership qualities of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and Green said, “I don’t think he really is the leader.”
What's Trending In @Redskins Nation?
1) Kyle thinks obstacles overcome by @RGIII will serve him well in offseason, beyond: "I think Robert's going to have a helluva career." #HTTR
2) Last year vs. Nick Foles, S @BMeriweather31 had a big INT. Today's practice gallery: http://t.co/YJ8aE9bEM6 #HTTRhttp://t.co/ndIpvuonAN
3) Kyle on pass protection: "As a coach, I'm never going to be happy until the quarterback doesn't get touched for an entire game."#HTTR
4) Haslett: "Teams going downhill don't practice the way we practice. We've just got to go out and put a complete game together."#HTTR
5) Kyle praises WR @PierreGarcon's preparation on and off the field for developing into a more well-rounded receiver. #HTTR