The Redskins want to get the message out to fans attending Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots at FedExField: Arrive Early!
Game time is 1 p.m. ET. Give yourself plenty of time to park and be in your seats by 12 noon so that you don’t miss any pre-game action.
Parking lots at FedExField open at 9 a.m. and stadium gates open at 11 a.m.
Fans driving to the stadium on GameDay can get traffic text alerts sent to their cellphones -- just text RSTRAFFIC to 44636. This service gives fans access to regular updates on the best routes to use to get to and from FedExField on game day.
Your FedExField parking pass must be visible in the window of your car at all times, or you may be subject to towing.
All fans will be required to go through security checks at entrances to the stadium.
In accordance with a new NFL policy, security teams will use hand-held metal-detecting wands in addition to pat-downs to screen fans entering FedExField. The wands may result in a slightly longer entry process.
Belongings will be checked. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Bags, including backpacks, gym bags, duffel bags, packages, briefcases, large purses, etc.
- Food and beverages of any kind
- Umbrellas (plastic ponchos are available for sale at select merchandise areas)
- Bottles, jugs, thermoses, cans, coolers, or any other container
- Animals (except for certified guide dogs assisting disabled guests)
- Whistles, horns and other noise makers
- Weapons, firearms
- Folding chairs
Fans bringing these items to the entry game will be required to return them to their vehicle.