The Washington Redskins announced today that Kenny Chesney, a four-time CMA ‘Entertainer of the Year’ winner, and Eric Church, the 2012 CMA ‘Album of the Year’ winner, will unite for the ‘No Shoes Nation’ Tour which will stop at FedExField on Saturday, May 25, 2013. Tickets go on sale Friday, Dec. 7 at 10 a.m.
“The combination of two of the most talented and high energy entertainers, Kenny Chesney and Eric Church, will give fans the ultimate music experience at FedExField, as well as an unforgettable way to kick off the summer,” said Washington Redskins Chief Marketing Officer Mitch Gershman. “The ‘No Shoes Nation’ tour is part of a concerted effort by the Redskins to bring high profile events, as well as music’s greatest performers, to the region.”
Chesney, who's played a country-world record 85 stadium shows in his career, will exceed 100 with today's announcement of a 17 stadium date tour beginning Saturday, March 16, 2013. More tour dates will be announced in the coming months.
Chesney's 'No Shoes Nation' Tour, presented by Corona Light, will feature special guest Eric Church, as well as Eli Young Band and Kacey Musgraves. Several tour dates will also feature the GRAMMY-Award winning Zac Brown Band, whose latest album 'Uncaged' debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 (see tour dates below for details).
"I believe what we've created on the road is something special," Chesney said. "The fans, myself, the band, the crew. But it's really the fans who have given us a wonderful, unique life. What we've all built together is the 'No Shoes Nation.' There is no better name for this tour."
'No Shoes Nation' marks 20 years of touring for Chesney, who Billboard declares is "the biggest ticket seller in country music and among the elite touring artists in the world," and comes on the heels of his wildly successful 2012 'Brothers of the Sun' Tour, which blew away more than 1.1 million fans across the country - his 10th consecutive tour to hit that ticket sale milestone.
Chesney is once again teaming up with CID Entertainment to offer very special V.I.P. packages for the 2013 tour. Guests will choose from either Sandbar or Premium Reserved seating and have access to the pregame tailgate party featuring a buffet of Kenny's favorite food, drinks and music.
New to this year's program is an exclusive V.I.P. only entrance and exit for the Sandbar as well as new gift items including a Chesney "Coach's Hoodie," an exclusive stadium seat cushion and more. Travel packages including hotel accommodations and shuttle transportation will also be available for each date. For more information, visit www.cidentertainment.com/kennychesney.
Kenny Chesney ‘No Shoes Nation’ Tour 2013:
- Sun. Mar 16 – Tampa, Fla. – Raymond James Stadium^
- Sat. May 4 – Columbia, S.C. – Williams Brice Stadium*
- Sun. May 11 – Arlington, Texas – Dallas Cowboys Stadium^
- Sat. May 18 – Milwaukee, Wis. – Miller Park^
- Sat. May 25 – Landover, Md. – FedExField^
- Sat. Jun 1 – Seattle, Wash. – CenturyLink Field^
- Sat. Jun 8 – Philadelphia, Pa. – Lincoln Financial Field^
- Sun. Jun 15 – Kansas City, Mo. – Arrowhead Stadium^
- Sat. Jun 22 – Pittsburgh, Pa. – Heinz Field^
- Sat. Jun 29 – Columbus, Ohio – Crew Stadium^
- Fri. Jul 12 – Minneapolis, Minn. – Target Field*
- Sat. Jul 20 – Denver, Colo. – Sports Authority Field at Mile High^
- Sat. Jul 27 – Anaheim, Calif. – Angels Stadium^
- Sat. Aug 3 – Atlanta, Ga. – Georgia Dome*
- Sat. Aug 10 – East Rutherford, N.J. – MetLife Stadium^
- Sat. Aug 17 – Detroit, Mich. – Ford Field^
- Sat. Aug 24 – Foxboro, Mass. – Gillette Stadium^
* with Zac Brown Band, Eli Young Band, and Kacey Musgraves
^ with Eric Church, Eli Young Band, and Kacey Musgraves
Tickets for the ‘No Shoes Nation’ concert at FedExField go on sale Friday, Dec. 7 at 10 a.m. Fans can buy tickets at www.ticketmaster.com/FedExField. On-sale information for the remaining dates will be announced in the coming weeks.
Redskins’ suite and premium season ticket holders enjoy a right of first refusal for tickets to events held at FedExField. They will be notified in the near future regarding their opportunity to purchase tickets.
The ‘No Shoes Nation’ concert adds to an all-star lineup of events at FedExField as part of the Redskins’ commitment to provide diverse entertainment options including premier college football games, world-class performers, international matches and more.