Check out the Frequently Asked Questions for more details.
Process for applying:
- Complete the online registration form. You must upload a photo with your application. Please put thought into your application and photo. Please make sure you are the only one in the photo and that it is a full body shot to at least the knee.
- Pay the nonrefundable audition registration fee ($50.00). If you attend any of the Prep Classes and/or the "Leg Up" Series, you DO NOT have to pay the audition registration fee.
- Those who apply at the registration desk the day of auditions must bring cash or money order for the day of registration fee ($50.00), as well as a non-returnable recent photo of yourself with the application. Please make sure you are the only one in the photo and that it full body to at least the knee.
- All applicants must submit an Audition Waiver. Those attending the Prep Classes and/or "Leg Up" Series, your Audition Waiver must be received on or before the date of your first class. Audition Waiver can also be submitted online with your application.
- Note: All judges’ decisions are final.
- All finalists must have a medical release statement from a doctor by April 1, 2017, stating you are in excellent physical condition and able to participate in strenuous activity at least four to five times a week.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old, on or before April 1, 2017.
- Applicants must have a High School diploma or G.E.D by June 2017.
- If you become a Washington Redskins Cheerleader, you must have a full/part-time job, be a full-time college student or have a family.
- Washington Redskins Cheerleaders must have their own transportation.
- The 2017 Washington Redskins Cheerleaders will be traveling to an exotic location for the photo shoot of our 2017-18 Swimsuit Calendar. All squad members are required to attend. Dates will be announced by the end of March and are usually in May or first half of June.
For more information on this promotional gameday group click here
Redskins Cheerleader Ambassadors will be selected from various rounds of the Auditions, not just those who make the Finals. The Ambassadors will receive a phone call from the Director the one to two weeks after final auditions telling them they have been selected and will be given further instructions at that time. If you wish to ONLY be considered to be an Ambassador, you only need to attend the FIRST round of the auditions and will not be asked to dance.
Online Registration Deadline: March 27, 2017
Applications and registration fee ($50.00) will be accepted at the registration desk the day of auditions for those that have not attended Prep Classes/"Leg Up" Series or applied online before the deadline.
Auditions will begin April 1, 2017 and last until April 6, 2017.
Click here for the 2017 audition schedule.
Mandatory Meeting for NEW 2017 WRC Team: Monday, April 10, 2017
The Final Audition Show will be at the Filmore Silver Spring on Thrusday, April 6, 2017. It is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Tickets will be available for purchase online.
Directions to Cheerleader Dance Studio at FedExField
- Follow Map/Directions
- Park in Lot "A" and enter stadium via Administration Entrance. Parking is FREE.
- When entering the stadium you will be directed to the Cheerleader Studio