Become a Redskins Cheerleader!
Be a Washington Redskins Cheerleader and be a part of the most exciting cheerleading team in the NFL! Travel to exotic locations on the annual calendar shoot. See the world as a member of the Redskins Cheerleaders Variety Show. Perform for the largest audience in the NFL. Support hundreds of charity and community groups in the Washington, D.C. area. Redskins cheerleaders were voted in top ten of hottest cheerleader squads in ALL of sports!
Audition Prep Classes begin the last week of February 2013, and are held every Tuesday and Thursday up until auditions. Download the documents below for details.
2013 Cheerleader Auditions Application Form (PDF)
2013 Cheerleader Auditions Waiver Form (PDF)
2013 Cheerleader Auditions Schedule
Frequently Asked Questions about Being a Redskins Cheerleader
- Applicants attending the Prep Classes: Audition waiver must be received on or before the date of your first class.
- Online registration has now closed. Applicants may submit their application at the registration desk the day of auditions. Those who apply at the registration desk the day of auditions must bring cash, money order or credit card for the onsite registration fee ($40.00).
- If you attend any of the Prep Classes, you DO NOT have to pay the audition registration fee.
- Please bring a signed copy of the audition waiver with you to auditions.
- All finalists must have a medical release statement from a doctor by April 1, 2013, stating you are in excellent physical condition and able to participate in strenuous activity at least four to five times a week.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old, on or before April 1, 2013.
- Applicants must have a High School diploma or G.E.D by June 2013.
- If you become a Washington Redskins Cheerleader, you must have a full/part-time job, be a full-time college student or have a family.
- Washington Redskins Cheerleaders must have their own transportation.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- The 2013 Washington Redskins Cheerleaders will be traveling to an exotic location for the photo shoot of our 2013-14 Swimsuit Calendar. All squad members are required to attend. Dates will be announced by the end of March and are usually in May or June.
- The Redskins Cheerleaders Ambassadors are the promotional game day group of the Redskins Cheerleaders. They will not appear in the 2013-14 calendar, but will be involved in various photo shoots and promotions throughout the year.
- Redskins Cheerleader Ambassadors will be selected from various rounds of the Auditions, not just those who make the Finals. The Ambassadors will receive a phone call from the Director the Week of April 15 telling them they have been selected and will be given further instructions at that time. If you wish to ONLY be considered to be an Ambassador, you only need to attend the FIRST round of the auditions and will not be asked to dance.
- To learn more about what a Redskins Ambassador is, please read Frequently Asked Questions
- Auditions will begin April 6, 2013 and last until April 13, 2013. For the audition schedule, please see the 2013 Cheerleader Auditions Schedule
- If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Jojokian (Director) by email at email@example.com.
Directions to Cheerleader Dance Studio at FedExField:
- Follow Map/Directions
- Park in Lot "A" and enter stadium via Administration Entrance.
- When entering the stadium you will be directed to the Cheerleader Studio